Home Health Care
Home health care services are prescribed by a physician to help with rehabilitation after an illness, injury, hospital stay, or surgery, or to help manage a chronic medical condition with the goal of preventing an unnecessary hospitalization. This care is provided through one-hour home visits from specialized clinicians and continues until recovery goals have been met. Home health care visits are generally covered 100 percent by Medicare through the Medicare home health benefit or by private insurance.
Customized care based on your needs
If your physician has recommended home health care services to help you recover at home, BAYADA can help.
When you choose BAYADA, you can be confident you will receive first-class clinical care that will be expertly delivered and coordinated in collaboration with your physician. A BAYADA Nurse visits your home to discuss what care is needed and covered by Medicare or private insurance. Then, we work with your physician to develop your customized care plan, which may include visits from:
- Nurses, for medical needs
- Physical therapists (PTs), to help restore mobility
- Occupational therapists (OTs), to improve the ability to perform everyday activities
- Speech language pathologists (SLPs), to help with speech, language, voice, cognition, and swallowing issues
- Medical social workers (MSWs), to help a client and their family connect with community resources
- Home health aides (HHAs), to provide personal care assistance when applicable
Your personalized care team of specialized clinicians visits your home, usually up to one hour at a time, until your individual goals are met.
Your BAYADA team will help you every step of the way
Because we are committed to giving our clients the highest quality home care possible, all BAYADA clinicians who enter your home meet our strict hiring standards. We also provide ongoing training and education to ensure we are always delivering the excellent care our clients have come to expect.
BAYADA also provides each client a dedicated point-of-contact to coordinate and oversee all aspects of care. You will also have a specialist to manage your care schedule and help you navigate the often-complicated world of insurance coverage to determine what services you qualify for.
Being a BAYADA client also means having access to on-call support any time you need it, 24 hours a day. And because BAYADA offers other types of home care, you can have peace of mind knowing that no matter how your care needs change over time, BAYADA has care options to meet your needs.
Who can benefit from home health care?
BAYADA provides the highest standard of care every day to clients who:
- Need help managing a chronic condition to avoid an unnecessary hospitalization
- Need continued recovery care at home following a hospital stay, illness, or injury