The BAYADA Way®, our company philosophy, is at the heart of everything we do, and the ever-present guiding force in our daily work.
In 2002, Mark Baiada set out to formally identify and articulate the company's mission, vision, beliefs, and values. To solidify and craft those guiding principles, he invited thousands of employees, clients, and family members to contribute their thoughts on what is meaningful and important to them. The result—which became The BAYADA Way—expresses what is most important about the work we do and the way we should work, in spirit and in action.
The core values of The BAYADA Way—compassion, excellence, and reliability—are ever-present in our daily work. Its tenets are timeless. The BAYADA Way is our shared “true north” that embodies the essence of what we stand for, believe in, and value.
Quite simply, The BAYADA Way is what keeps us together, yet sets us apart.
BAYADA Home Health Care has a special purpose — to help people have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors worldwide. We care for our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Families coping with significant illness or disability need help and support while caring for a family member. Our goal at BAYADA is to provide the highest quality home health care services available. We believe our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, our BAYADA core values.
With a strong commitment from each of us, BAYADA Home Health Care will make it possible for millions of people worldwide to experience a better quality of life in the comfort of their own homes. We want to build and maintain a lasting legacy as the world’s most compassionate and trusted team of home health care professionals.
We will accomplish our mission and achieve our vision by following our core beliefs and values.
- We believe our clients come first.
- We believe our employees are our greatest asset.
- We believe building relationships and working together are critical to our success as a community of compassionate caregivers.
- We believe we must demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- We believe in providing community service where we live and work.
- We believe it is our responsibility to strengthen the organization’s financial foundation and to support its growth.
- Work with a spirit of universal faith, hope, and love.
- Demonstrate exceptional care and kindness to others. Be led by our hearts.
- Be respectful. Treat others the way they wish to be treated.
- Listen closely, show empathy, and respond to the needs of others.
- Be friendly. Let our smiles be seen and felt.
- Consistently demonstrate the highest level of skill, competence, and sound judgment in our work.
- Demonstrate honesty, commitment, and loyalty to our clients and their families, to fellow employees, and to our organization.
- Strive to provide the very best service to our clients. Set specific goals and work hard and efficiently to achieve them.
- Continuously improve our work through evaluation, education, and training.
- Recognize and reward those who set and maintain the highest standards of excellence.
- Keep our commitments as promised.
- Consistently deliver expected services.
- Fulfill our clients’ needs promptly and thoroughly.
- Be creative, flexible, and determined—get the job done for our clients.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with clients and fellow employees.
Rehabilitative services are health care services that help a person keep, reattain, or improve skills and functioning for daily living that has been lost or impaired because of injury or illness. These services may include physical and occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, and psychiatric rehabilitation services in a variety of inpatient and/or outpatient settings.
A BAYADA Home Health Care specialty practice, hospice is comprehensive end-of-life medical, social, emotional, and spiritual care that provides comfort and support to patients and their family members when a life-expectancy prognosis of six months or less has been determined. Read full hospice definition...