The BAYADA Way
We believe our clients deserve home health care services delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, our BAYADA core values.
What is The BAYADA Way?
The BAYADA Way is our company philosophy. It expresses the values and beliefs that have been the foundation of our work since 1975.
In 2002, Mark Baiada, the founder and chairman of BAYADA Home Health Care, set out to formally identify and articulate the company's mission, vision and values. With the help of Dr. Al Freedman, a psychologist and parent of a BAYADA client, he solicited input from thousands of clients, family members, and employees. Over time, The BAYADA Way emerged.
We invite you to read The BAYADA Way but perhaps the best way to understand it is in the stories of our clients, families, and caregivers. Our clients see The BAYADA Way in the high quality of care they receive, and they feel it in the respect and compassion our BAYADA caregivers show them.
The Philosophy of BAYADA Home Health Care
BAYADA Home Health Care has a special purpose—to help people have a safe home life with comfort, independence, and dignity. BAYADA Home Health Care provides nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, hospice, and assistive care services to children, adults, and seniors worldwide. We care for our clients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Families coping with significant illness or disability need help and support while caring for a family member. Our goal at BAYADA is to provide the highest quality home health care services available. We believe our clients and their families deserve home health care delivered with compassion, excellence, and reliability, our BAYADA core values.
With a strong commitment from each of us, BAYADA Home Health Care will make it possible for millions of people worldwide to experience a better quality of life in the comfort of their own homes. We want to build and maintain a lasting legacy as the world’s most compassionate and trusted team of home health care professionals.
We will accomplish our mission and achieve our vision by following our core beliefs and values.
- We believe our clients come first.
- We believe our employees are our greatest asset.
- We believe building relationships and working together are critical to our success as a community of compassionate caregivers.
- We believe we must demonstrate honesty and integrity at all times.
- We believe in providing community service where we live and work.
- We believe it is our responsibility to strengthen the organization’s financial foundation and to support its growth.
Our work is guided by our fundamental values of compassion, excellence, and reliability.
Key result: Our clients and their families feel cared for and supported.
- Work with a spirit of universal faith, hope, and love.
- Demonstrate exceptional care and kindness to others. Be led by our hearts.
- Be respectful. Treat others the way they wish to be treated.
- Listen closely, show empathy, and respond to the needs of others.
- Be friendly. Let our smiles be seen and felt.
Key result: We provide home health care to our clients with the highest professional, ethical, and safety standards.
- Consistently demonstrate the highest level of skill, competence, and sound judgment in our work.
- Demonstrate honesty, commitment, and loyalty to our clients and their families, to fellow employees, and to our organization.
- Strive to provide the very best service to our clients. Set specific goals and work hard and efficiently to achieve them.
- Continuously improve our work through evaluation, education, and training.
- Recognize and reward those who set and maintain the highest standards of excellence.
Key result: Our clients and their families can rely on us and are able to live their lives to the fullest, with a sense of well-being, dignity, and trust.
- Keep our commitments as promised.
- Consistently deliver expected services.
- Fulfill our clients’ needs promptly and thoroughly.
- Be creative, flexible, and determined—get the job done for our clients.
- Communicate clearly and consistently with clients and fellow employees.
Rehabilitative services are health care services that help a person keep, reattain, or improve skills and functioning for daily living that has been lost or impaired because of injury or illness. These services may include physical and occupational therapy, speech-language pathology, and psychiatric rehabilitation services in a variety of inpatient and/or outpatient settings.
A BAYADA Home Health Care specialty practice, hospice is comprehensive end-of-life medical, social, emotional, and spiritual care that provides comfort and support to patients and their family members when a life-expectancy prognosis of six months or less has been determined.Read full hospice definition...