Home Health services
BAYADA Home Health services help adults and seniors who are recovering after a hospital or facility stay, or need additional support to remain safely at home and avoid unnecessary hospitalization. These Medicare-certified services may include short-term nursing, rehabilitative, therapeutic, and assistive home health care.
This care is provided by registered nurses (RNs), physical therapists (PTs), occupational therapists (OTs), speech language pathologists (SLPs), home health aides (HHAs) and medical social workers (MSWs) as a limited number of up to one hour visits, primarily through the Medicare Home Health benefit.
How we can help
BAYADA helps clients manage many conditions and diagnoses safely at home, such as cardiac, wound, and orthopedic issues, as well as respiratory illness, neurological disease, and diabetes management.
Our services include:
- Nursing care after injury, illness, or surgery, or for care needs related to a chronic condition
- Physical therapy for improving function through therapeutic exercise, balance and coordination training, and education
- Speech language pathology for evaluating and treating communication and swallowing problems
- Occupational therapy for improving motor skills and reasoning abilities, or to compensate for permanent loss of function
- Assistive care (home health aide services) such as bathing, dressing, and medication reminders
- Medical social work such as mental and social assessments, and connecting clients and families to community resource
There’s a difference with BAYADA
BAYADA has been a trusted leader in providing the highest quality clinical care and support services at home for more than 35 years.
- We adhere to the highest standards of clinical excellence. All of our Home Health services are Medicare-certified and we voluntarily submit to rigorous quality and safety reviews by Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP).
- We are experts in helping clients transition safely home. We begin care within 24 hours and carefully evaluate each client’s needs. Prompt admission to home health services means our clients can begin their recovery quickly and proceed on the path to improved health.
- We are focused on avoiding unnecessary hospital stays. We perform a thorough risk assessment at the start of care and determine an appropriate care plan with the client, their physician, and family caregivers. We also provide clients and family caregivers with education and disease-specific BAYADA tools to help them self-manage their condition safely at home.
- We provide quality care clients can trust. All BAYADA health care professionals undergo an in-depth interview process, including thorough background checks and work history verification. We also assess their skills on a regular basis and provide ongoing training and education, so they always know the latest treatment practices and technologies.
- We offer a broader range of services that can support changing needs. Our team includes many types of specialists and services, allowing us to meet each client’s unique needs. If care needs change over time, BAYADA can easily transition clients to our other services and provide continuity of care.
- We are committed to The BAYADA Way. While we provide many different services, all of our health care professionals share the same commitment to compassion, excellence, and reliability—the core values of our philosophy, The BAYADA Way. These values drive everything we do, every day.
The largest payor of home health care services, this federally mandated program sets the standards for many other insurers. Medicare provides health care coverage for persons age 65 and older, persons who are defined for social security purposes as "disabled" for at least two years, and certain other special cases.Read full Medicare definition...
Rehabilitative services are health care services that help a person keep, reattain, or improve skills and functioning for daily living that has been lost or impaired because of injury or illness. Read full rehabilitative services definition...
The assistive care practice is the first specialty practice of BAYADA Home Health Care. Its services include assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) and household support services for adults and seniors. Read full assistive care definition...
PT Is needed if a patient has suffered an injury or illness, which has affected motor skills or function. This may consist of evaluation, therapeutic exercises, gait training, adaptive equipment recommendations, massage, heat, and cold or electrical treatments.Read full PT definition...
OT services are given either on an in- or outpatient basis to help a person regain ability to perform activities of daily living (ADL), such as dressing, bathing, toileting, and eating or meal preparation. Read full OT defintion...
SPL is a form of therapy used to evaluate and treat cognition, communication, and issues with swallowing.
A HHA is a nurse aide who has been tested and proven competent in home health skills. Home Health Aides are able to work in the private home.
Medical social work services deal with the social, psychological, and economic needs of individuals and how to address them in the home environment.
A client is a person receiving home health care services from BAYADA Home Health Care. We believe our clients come first.
BAYADA is accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program, which sets the highest quality standards of practice for home care providers nationwide. BAYADA chose CHAP as our accreditation partner in 2008 and currently holds accreditation for Core (standards common to all services), Read full CHAP definition...
Someone who gives care to another person. Often a caregiver is a family member providing care to a loved one.
Our company philosophy, The BAYADA Way expresses the values and beliefs that have been the foundation of our work since 1975. The words of The BAYADA Way come directly from our clients and their families, and our employees. We believe that our clients come first and our employees are our greatest asset.