What are the symptoms of dementia?
Some common symptoms of dementia include:
- Trouble with word-finding (for example, calls a pen “that thing you write with”)
- Difficulty holding a detailed conversation
- Discomfort in large gatherings
- Visual perception issues
- Short-term memory loss
- Misplacing items
- Falling behind on household tasks or chores, like paying the bills and doing laundry
- Inability to remember detailed steps of something, such as a recipe
- Depression-like symptoms
These behaviors, especially if they are uncharacteristic of that person, may be a sign of early dementia. If you are concerned that your loved one may have dementia, check with a health care professional or get a geriatric assessment.
Common Questions About Dementia
Fill out the form and a BAYADA representative will get back to you with more information.