assistive care services
Support services for your child from caring professionals
Your child may need assistance with personal care tasks such as bathing, dressing, or help with eating. BAYADA home health aides are experienced, knowledgeable professionals who assist with non-medical activities of daily living, both at home and at school. Their caring support can give your child and your family peace of mind.
A range of services
Depending on your child’s needs, home health aides can be available up to 24 hours a day.
We can provide a wide variety of assistive care services including:
- Dressing and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Walking, moving, and transferring (including safe use of wheelchairs)
- Exercise and playing
- Meal preparation, help with eating, and nutritious food selection
- Traveling to and from school and on field trips
- Care in the classroom
Quality care you can trust
BAYADA takes extra steps to ensure clinical excellence and safety:
- Rigorous hiring standards. Like all BAYADA health care professionals, our pediatric nurses undergo an in-depth interview process, with thorough background checks and work history verification.
- Ongoing supervision and training. All aspects of your child's care plan are overseen by a clinical manager who is a registered nurse and makes routine supervisory visits. We assess your care team’s skills on a regular basis and provide ongoing training and education, so they always know the latest treatment practices and technologies.
- Client and family-centered team approach. Our nurses partner with you in your child's care. We communicate regularly with you, your child's physician, and your BAYADA care team.
- Commitment to our core values. All of our nurses are committed to providing care with compassion, excellence, and reliability — it's The BAYADA Way
Activities of daily living refer to an individual's daily habits. ADLs are often used to help determine an individual's ability to function at home or another less-restricted environment of care. Examples of ADLs include bathing, dressing, eating, moving around, using the bathroom, and walking.
The assistive care practice is the first specialty practice of BAYADA Home Health Care. Its services include assistance with activities of daily living (ADL) and household support services for adults and seniors. Read full assistive care definition...