About our Services
What is a house call like?
Our in-home medical services are specially designed to meet the complex medical needs of high-risk individuals. During the initial home visit, our physicians and advanced practice providers will:
- Complete a comprehensive medical and social history
- Perform a thorough physical examination
- Review and coordinate medication management with pharmacy services
- Order diagnostic tests and lab work as needed
- Generate referrals to specialists or other providers as needed
- Provide palliative care evaluation and services as appropriate
- Develop a plan of care with patients and their loved ones
- Schedule a future visit to review lab and test results and progress
- Coordinate all additional recommended home care services and medical equipment
Expert care for a variety of conditions
We provide and coordinate care for adults who have:
- Functional limitations
- Heart failure or COPD
- Multiple chronic conditions
- Had a recent emergency department visit or hospitalization
- Limited access and/or difficulty getting to their primary care physician
Coordination of care to meet all our patients’ needs
With a focus on improving our patients’ quality of life and reducing hospital readmissions, BAYADA Physician Services can quickly and easily coordinate additional health care services to help individuals stay safe at home. Just one call to BAYADA is all that’s needed for both medical care and short- or long-term in-home care.
When do we see patients?
Each patient will continue to be seen as often as medically necessary based on their plan of care. If a patient is sick or has an acute need, we can schedule an additional home visit. This enables us to monitor a patient’s condition and address problems before they become urgent, reducing the need for emergency care and prevent hospital admissions.
Normal business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
We are available by phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for after-hour calls.
Paying for care
We bill Medicare and all secondary (Medigap) insurance plans directly. You only pay what’s not covered by your insurance.
Medicare reimburses 80 percent of our provider’s professional fee, once you’ve met your annual deductible. Many supplemental insurance plans pay the remaining 20 percent of the provider’s fee. Some supplemental plans pay our practice directly, while others send payment directly to you.
If you do not have supplemental insurance or if your supplemental carrier sends the payment to you, we will ask for your 20 percent co-pay at the time of service.
For your convenience, we file all insurance forms and accept payment by credit card for deductibles or co-pays, if applicable.