The experienced, compassionate nursing care you want for your child
BAYADA Pediatric Nurses have extensive disease and age-specific training with children, from newborns to adolescents. They are highly experienced and knowledgeable professionals who are committed to providing quality, compassionate care for children, both at home and at school.
A broad spectrum of nursing services
Our pediatric registered nurses and licensed practical nurses provide a range of services, from short-term recovery care to ongoing nursing care and complex tracheostomy and ventilator care. Many of our pediatric nurses have additional expertise in certain age groups and disease categories, such as neurological or respiratory conditions. Depending on your child’s needs, BAYADA can provide nursing care up to 24 hours a day.
We provide a wide variety of nursing services, including:
- Administering and monitoring medication
- Premature and high-risk infant care
- Post-surgical care
- Catheter care
- Bowel and bladder management
- Gastric tube care
- Diabetes management
- Asthma care
- Respiratory treatments
- Tracheostomy and ventilator care
- Neurological disease management
- Cancer care
- Seizure disorder monitoring
- Traumatic brain injury care
Quality care you can trust
BAYADA takes extra steps to ensure clinical excellence and safety:
- Rigorous hiring standards. Like all BAYADA health care professionals, our pediatric nurses undergo an in-depth interview process, with thorough background checks and work history verification.
- Ongoing supervision and training. All aspects of your child's care plan are overseen by a clinical manager who is a registered nurse and makes routine supervisory visits. We assess your care team’s skills on a regular basis and provide ongoing training and education, so they always know the latest treatment practices and technologies.
- Client and family-centered team approach. Our nurses partner with you in your child's care. We communicate regularly with you, your child's physician, and your BAYADA care team.
- Commitment to our core values. All of our nurses are committed to providing care with compassion, excellence, and reliability — it's The BAYADA Way
A tracheostomy is a surgically-created opening in the trachea on the surface of the neck where a metal or plastic tube is inserted to assist with breathing. This tube is secured with flexible ties that are fastened around the neck.
A ventilator is a mechanical device that performs the function of inflating, and in some cases deflating a person’s lungs at preset intervals.
Our company philosophy, The BAYADA Way expresses the values and beliefs that have been the foundation of our work since 1975. The words of The BAYADA Way come directly from our clients and their families, and our employees. We believe that our clients come first and our employees are our greatest asset.